Services > Asset Management
IT asset management provides you the means to achieve complete visibility in your IT infrastructure inventory, helping you gain an in-depth understanding of:
- What systems and equipment exist?
- Where do the components reside?
- How are they used?
- What do they cost?
- When were they added to the inventory?
- Do they have a maintenance expiration date?
- How do they impact IT and business services?
This level of visibility into asset details will help organizations improve infrastructure efficiency and performance and minimize related overhead expenses. All organizations, in one way or the other, perform IT asset management (ITAM). It’s important to implement ITAM practices intelligently, in order to achieve IT operational efficiency, financial accountability of asset purchase, simpler auditing and compliance, and long-term asset manageability and maintenance.
The major goal of ITAM is to establish a centralized asset repository that accounts for the presence and purchase of all hardware and software inventory.
- Asset tracking – Being able to identify and track change in the location of assets, increase or decrease the number of assets, track assignment status and user information.
- Asset lifecycle management – Being able to capture the asset lifecycle data right from requisitioning, purchase and assignment, to expiration and decommissioning.
- Asset reporting and alerting – Being able to generate asset inventory reporting, and receive alerts on asset warranty and lease expiration.